Capture descriptions and resource requirements of upcoming projects. Allow project resources to view upcoming projects and express their interest in working on them. When selecting resources for the project, review those who have expressed interest to determine if they are an appropriate fit prior to reviewing the entire resource pool.
- Improves employee retention
- Aligns project staffing with career development
- Increases quality of work through increased commitment & motivation
- Employee expectations must be carefully managed. Project resources must understand that bids are a consideration but not the sole factor in determining project assignments.
- Monitor the process to assess whether employees are bidding on suitable projects. If there appears to be a gap, work with employees to ensure that they understand what is required on the project they desire and develop an appropriate career development plan.
- Employee retention
- Customer satisfaction results
We maintain a comprehensive database of best practices and a selection can be accessed here.